20.11.08

Playing Hookie on a Thursday Afternoon

I just got off the phone with Entergy!!! Story: I just received my first electric bill and it was WAY more than I was anticipating it to be. $120!!!!!!! For a rinky dink apartment like mine! I mean, I'm barely home during the day (so I don't turn on the lights or have my heat on high) and at nights I have my lights on for about 3 hours before I retire and call it a night. No washer or dryer. No T.V. (which is sad all by itself, lol). Soooo....where did the $120 come from? Anyway, Entergy says it's all correct but I'm having them come and take a second look at my meter. We'll see how that turns out. Anyway, I've discovered a new passion!!! MAKING TRUFFLES AND PEANUT BUTTER BON BONS. It sounds so pathetic but it's true. My mentor teacher Cathy told me about the recipes and after having tasted hers (which were DELECTABLE) I just HAD to make my own. The truffles turned out pretty yummy. The PB Bon Bons, however, weren't as good as they could have been. It might have had to do with my forgetting to put one ingredient in there. HAHAH. I totally forgot to include the powdered sugar so they were just a little soft. No worries, though; I gave them to Mom and Dad! I just made some more and I made sure to remember the 10X (that's an 'old school' way of saying powdered sugar for those who don't know....yes I just learned this too). They're currently hardening, so I will update on how they turn out once I taste one.
Anyway, it is November 20th and that could only mean a few things! 1. My birthday is in 9 days, 2. My last day at LRCH is in 19 days, and 3. I GRADUATE IN 23 DAYS! So exciting. Well, I better go check on the Bon Bons. Check back soon! :)

Smile, in case someone's watching!

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog! Welcome to the lovely world of blogging. Here is how you can add our blog to your list of friend's blogs. Go to your "Dashboard" and click on "layout." On the "Our Friend's Blogs" click "edit." I hope that all makes sense. We can't wait to see you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete